Tuesday, September 8, 2009

!!!Mi primera semana en España!!!

Well... that was a lot of exclamation points which means.. My first week in Spain has been pretty exciting.

The flight was.. a flight. We arrived in Sevilla Wednesday morning and were dropped off at a corner were our Señora met Sarah and I and then we walked to our apartment. It is a small apartment but very clean and tidy. I like it. Our Señoras name is Salud. She is crazy! She flashed us the first day we were here.. she was showing us how breezy her dress was. Also- last night she told Sarah and I that we had to eat lots because we need bigger Melons.. aka Breasts. She grabbed her breasts and screamed "MELONES!!". Sarah and I laughed but were a little afraid at the same time.

On that note.. we are fed a lot! Three times a day. In the morning it is always cafe con leche and toasted bread. It is perhaps my favorite meal. Lunch is always the biggest meal, I have been a champ and tried everything I have been fed. I tried Calamari! Those of you who know me know that.. I am picky- to say the least. I also tried wine with a meal.. it was not good but I tried it.

The city is beautiful. So far my experience is much different from the one I had in High school. The people are cool and dress.. a little more scandalous than me but I can understand why.. it is about one hundred million degrees here!

Spaniards have what is called a "Siesta" translated it means nap. So from 2-5 (hottest part of the day) every store closes and everyone goes home and chills or naps to cool off. I thought this was silly at first but after spending Saturday´s siesta outside... I now know why they do it and I am never going outside at that time again! haha

Everything is expensive here.. I can´t even buy a chocolate bar because I will go broke. I thought the east coast was expensive but nothing close to this! I took out 40 Euros and it cost me 57 dollars plus a 5 dollar bank fee... sucky.

Classes are going well (It is only the second day). The profs are nice and I am only taking three classes so it should be an easy semester. In case you want to know.. I am taking Art, History and Theater. Pretty sweet. :) For art we actually get to go to the things we are talking about that are located in Sevilla. We also have excursions to other cities. SWEET?!?! YES! :)

Hmmmm... that is all I can think about for now. Oh yeah! Someone should call my Movíl! The number is in my Spain note on Facebook.. it is free for me if you call me. hehe

Later Gaters!

2 comments:

  1. MELONES!!! I laughed for a good five minutes when I read this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha... yeah. Salud is a Hoot! She says the craziest things. It might be because she has a couple cervezas a day. :)

    ReplyDelete