Thursday, September 10, 2009

Necesito una Siesta

Hey everyone!

I am getting better at the blog thing. Two posts in one week! Woot. Lol Well, Tuesday night I partook in Girl’s night. An evening in which all 36 girls plus 3 adults gathered around and vented/shared their feelings. There were a lot of feelings to be shared and we sat around listening to people talk for the majority of the time. Now- I am not saying this is a bad thing. I actually enjoyed it but I know some of the other girls just wanted to get down to the river and get on the peddle boats like we were supposed to. I could just see them squirming in their chairs. It was painfully funny.

We were divided into groups of four. I had finally given in that day and decided to wear a skirt because like I mentioned in my previous post… it is hotter than the sun in this city. So naturally, I was the first to get on the boat and was not about to volunteer to peddle myself and three other individuals for an hour. I carefully sat down trying not to flash my classmates and the old men on the dock. I think I was successful and avoided any flashing.

I do not think Salud would have thought twice though. She grabbed my butt the other day and likes to hug me. It doesn’t weird me out or anything but I am sure some of the other girls would not handle this as well as Sarah and I. Also- the food is OK. I am trying everything I am served. I don’t exactly get full at every meal but the bread is good… lol

Again- everything is SO expensive here. Poop. I have not consumed much soda… I will die soon due to withdrawl... :S

Classes are good. I really enjoy them all- this is a new feeling to me. We are going to Cordoba to visit the Mezquita tomorrow. I am excited. It’s like a really really cool field trip. Haha I will be sure to take a million pictures and put them on face book for all to see. I am currently attempting to put some up from my first week here. It is a rather slow process…

So this past Sunday John, Sarah, Brett and I went to a church called Prosperidad. It is a really small church and by really small I mean smaller than a classroom small. It was cool though. The service was a bit long but it was good. We also attended “Encuentro” last night hosted at that same church. For you Northwesterners- it is like P+W (Praise and Worship) with the lights on... in a really really small church. It was good. The music was awesome.

You know what else is awesome? Having John here with me (Insert giant smiley face here!!!!!) !!! We have done our fair share of exploring the city and just admiring its beauty… Good times are being had. :D

Hmmm… I think this is all my random thoughts for now… I hope I spelled things properly and I make some sense.

1 comment:

  1. Karla! I just caught up on your blog. I enjoyed it a lot. And I thought the "melones" thing was hilarious. I think I might get to live (rent a room) with a family from the school where I will work. If I do, I can't wait to swap crazy stories.

    ReplyDelete